PTI leader Haleem Adil Sheikh and four other suspects were handed over to police on a three-day remand on Wednesday.

Another case containing anti-terrorism provisions was registered against Sheikh over his alleged involvement in a brawl that took place between PPP and PTI workers at the PS-88 constituency in Karachi on Tuesday.

The case against the Sindh opposition leader was filed at the Memon Goth police station in District Malir. Anti-terror and other provisions have been included in the case registered against Sheikh.

Three other cases, one of which pertains to the possession of illegal weapons, have been registered against Sheikh after yesterday’s brawl.

A total of four cases against Sheikh were all registered on February 16 under the government’s supervision.

The police said the PTI leader and four others were nominated and arrested for one case. The four other suspects have been nominated in three other cases of possession of illegal weapons, police said.

All cases against the PTI leader and the others have been registered at the Memon Goth police station.

The PTI leader was brought to an anti-terrorism court later in the day. The investigation officer said the court will be requested to extend Sheikh’s remand.

Speaking to media, Sheikh levelled serious allegations at PPP chairperson Bilawal Bhutto-Zardari and Sindh Chief Minister Murad Ali Shah.

“We are the ones who are being attacked, who are being nominated in cases, who are being fired upon and who are getting arrested,” he lamented. “Murad Ali Shah conspired to had me killed yesterday on Bilawal’s instructions.”

Sheikh said that the PTI government will be the one that eliminates “these thieves”.

Sheikh and four other suspects were presented at three different courts for hearing of six cases against them. The suspects were handed over to police on a three-day remand.

Haleem Adil Sheikh arrested, confirms police

Senior Superintendent of Police Malir Irfan Bahadur had confirmed on Tuesday that the PTI leader had been arrested after clashes took place amid polling in the city’s PS-88 constituency.

Two cases were registered against Sheikh at the Gadap and Memon Goth police stations for disrupting an anti-encroachment drive carried out at his farmhouse on February 6.

He was held at the Special Investigation Unit in Saddar, police said in the evening.

Sheikh, on the other hand, denied accusations he had caused the fight, vowing ‘payback’. A video statement of the PTI leader was released on Tuesday following his arrest.

“I have been informed by the SSP Malir that I have been arrested,” he had said.

“As Leader of the Opposition, I should have been given security,” Sheikh had said, adding that security was withdrawn “on the orders of Zardari and Bilawal”.

He had said that he was not present in the constituency but his workers were “attacked”.

“When I got there, I too, was attacked,” he had alleged, adding that his guards resorted to aerial firing to disperse the “attackers”.

“They harassed me to influence the election,” Sheikh had claimed, without naming anyone.

He further claimed that the party workers were forcibly removed from the polling stations and shoved around.

“The PPP have tried to take over the election via an elaborate plot,” he had alleged. “I will not let go of this easily. There will be payback for every move.”

The PTI leader had said that he was taken away from the constituency but was not allowed to leave the SP police’s office. He also said that his guards were taken into police custody.