Lemon juice and honey to remove tan
Lemon juice has bleaching effect which helps in removing tan quickly.
1. Take fresh lemon juice, add some honey to it and apply on your skin.
2. Let it stay for 30 minutes and wash off.
3. You can also add some sugar to the lemon juice and scrub your skin gently to slough off dead cells from the surface.
Potato juice to get rid of tan
Potato juice is often used to lighten dark circles around the eyes. Apart from being naturally soothing, the juice of potato is also known for being a potent bleaching agent.
1. Juice a raw potato and apply it directly onto your skin to get rid of the tan.
2. Alternatively, you can also use thin potato slices on your eyes and face.
3. Keep them on for 10-12 minutes and wash off once it dries.
Masoor dal (red lentil), tomato and aloe vera pack
Masoor dal is an effective remedy in treating sun tan. Tomato juice brightens up the skin while aloe vera soothes and moisturises it.
1. Soak 2 tbsp of masoor dal in water for a few hours until the dal gets soft.
2. Drain the water and put in a blender.
3. To the dal, add 1 teaspoon of aloe vera and gel and 2 teaspoon of fresh tomato juice.
4. Blend into a paste.
5. Apply on suntanned skin and let it stay for 20 minutes.
6. Rinse it out with water using a massage action.
Oatmeal and buttermilk for tan cleaner
Oatmeal is known for its excellent exfoliating and skin cleansing properties. Buttermilk is rich in lactic acid which can soften the skin and improve skin tone.
1. Soak 2 teaspoons of oats or oatmeal in some water for five minutes.
2. Add 2-3 teaspoon of fresh, plain buttermilk to it and mix well.
3. You may add honey to make the pack more moisturising.
4. Mix these ingredients well to form a paste and apply on your face, neck and arms.
5. Rub in a circular motion and let it stay for 20 minutes.
6. Wash off to reveal fresh, cleaner looking skin.
Cucumber extract helps to remove tan
Cucumber is highly beneficial for tanned and sunburnt skin. Cucumber has a cooling effect and helps remove tan.
1. Shred a cucumber, and squeeze to get the juice out.
2. Using a cotton ball, apply the juice all over your skin.
3. Let it dry and wash. You may also add a little lemon juice for added benefits.